Fear of Failure

The topic I would like to continue working on in my graduate studies is the Fear of Failure.I say continue working because it is a topic that I am passionate about and I have developed it in my graduate seminar this year and I hope it will become my thesis soon.
Fear of failure is a fear that people experience when faced with the unlikelihood of being able to meet certain expectations of success (not being able to get a professional degree or not finding a job). Not being able to meet those expectations would mean failure, and that failure is perceived by people as a risk that exposes them to rejection or perception of inadequacy by their families and others.
I am particularly attracted to this topic because the fear of failure is a fear widely shared and experienced by people within our society, as Western societies are characterized by being highly achievement and success oriented. That is, if you don't succeed in what you undertake, you are seen as a failed person who doesn't deserve to achieve his dreams.
This belief (socially constructed) that at first sight could be seen as a belief that paralyses people, can become - paradoxically - a motivational tendency that guides people's actions in order to avoid failure and it is precisely this that I am passionate about investigating and continuing to investigate.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario