Personal Opinions

As Voltaire or indeed his biographer Evelyn Beatrice Hall said, "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. I believe that opinions (and different thoughts about something) should be respected and therefore, as the sentence says, should be defended until death, but I also believe that there should be certain limits, since freedom of expression (and opinion) can sometimes produce much harm to people.
So in my personal case, I tolerate all kinds of opinions about things that I often disagree with, but I do not tolerate opinions about other people's private lives or opinions that lead to the fundamental rights of others, that is, opinions with racist, xenophobic, homophobic, supremacist content, among others. Since I consider that these do not contribute to the construction of healthy social relations and contribute to the prejudice and discrimination of a large number of people.
I therefore believe that there must be limits and that this does not constitute a violation of individual freedoms, since I believe above all in respect for and protection of dignity. In other words, I think that there are many people who do not take into account the opinions of others, but there are also others who are affected too much, especially people with very low self-esteem, who can develop depression and emotional crises due to opinions against, for example, their body or their intellectual capacity or background.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario