Learning the English language has proved to be a huge challenge, because along with my desire to learn and the effort I make to do so, my fears and anxieties about making a fool of myself in front of others if I mispronounce a word, go blank in front of a test or not understand what a native speaker is saying to me are mixed up.
A couple of years ago I worked in an English institute (Privateachers) and had the opportunity to meet many native teachers from the United States and England. They tried to help me with my fear of making a fool of myself and show me some basics of the language, but I didn't prosper much.
When I entered university, I could not escape my fears and had to enroll in the mandatory courses (which I successfully completed), but I still have the paradoxical feeling of wanting to learn more and at the same time wanting to get ahead because I am afraid of making a fool of myself in front of everyone.
Since last year I have been working in a research team sponsored by FONDECYT, in which I work as a research assistant and must read many articles written in English, which has facilitated learning to read this language, however speaking continues to be complicated. Regarding the understanding between the American and British English languages, it is clearly easier for me to distinguish British English as they speak slower and pronounce better, so it is easier for me to understand what they are saying.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario