MEDITATION


Meditación en tiempos de crisis: consejos para iniciarse en el ...


Meditation is an ancient practice or training that is mostly used today to calm the mind and to reduce the high levels of anxiety and stress resulting from a constantly hectic lifestyle. In other words, meditation seems to improve emotional and mental well-being and thus improve our quality of life. However, meditating is not easy, since "apparently" it does not require a great physical demand, it requires constant discipline and practice that demands a lot of effort and constancy.

The video "The Scientific Power of Meditation", manages to condense in less than three minutes a general idea about what meditation is and the benefits that science has been able to demonstrate empirically about its practice. With regard to the latter, the video shows how meditation would have a positive effect on the welfare of people by reducing anxiety, depression and negative emotions, thereby improving memory, self-awareness, resistance to pain, empathy and in general allows the connection with our interior and the ability to control our emotions and control over our goals.

I found the video interesting, as it shows on a scientific basis the benefits that meditation has on our bodies and how it can allow us to have more concentration and more control over ourselves, which will result in greater personal satisfaction. Personally I don't practice meditation, I once did Yoga, but not regularly, not because I think it doesn't work, but because I'm usually running between one activity and another (house, children, university, couple's life) that I almost don't have time for other activities. However, by watching the video, I think I will give meditation a chance and try to make time for it.

In these days I have felt a little tired and overcome with all the responsibilities involved in the completion of the university, but I feel very supported by my partner and children, which are constantly supporting me and encouraging me to continue. I don't know what I would do without them, I love them! 

Regarding the English classes, the truth is that they have been quite entertaining. The modality of telling different stories in a blog has allowed me to connect with myself and get out of the pressure of other responsibilities, so it's like an "escape" from other academic activities and I appreciate it.







Comentarios